Financing Equipment

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FloridaMowMan, May 17, 2005.

1. FloridaMowMan

FloridaMowMan LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone - Just wondering how many of you have to finance your equipment? And, how many have done so on less than perfect credit? With what companys? Thanks - FMM

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

It's pretty easy to get financed for lawn equipment, I think its sheffield financial that does a lot of the financing around where i'm at.

3. fishinman22487

fishinman22487 LawnSite Member

Yea, Sheffield Finance is who Im with. I think they finance a lot of outdoor equipment(atvs, snowmobiles and lawn stuff).

4. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I used them for my first rider...

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

sheffeild i beleive has financing if your credit score is over 620 or 630. There are other factors, but you can apply by faxing a credit application to them you get off the website. This way you can avoid the embarrasment of getting turned down if you dont think your credit is good enough.

6. jmcneal

jmcneal LawnSite Member

The company that I am with finances equipment for landscaping businesses. We cater to a wide variety of credit qualities, and we finance any type of equipment. We can put together financing for used equipment and items coming from multiple vendors or sources.

The following situations will create a challenge in obtaining financing:

- Bankruptcy
    - Start-up business, or time in business < 2 years (This can be overcome if the credit is strong)
    - FICO Score < 600

There is more information and an application available online.
    www.landscapeequipmentfinance.com

Hope that helps,

Jeremy