1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finding a Diesel is tough!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by South Florida Lawns, Mar 4, 2009.

1. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

If you trust a dealers word and pictures, Texas always has some good deals and will ship them pretty cheap. Thats how I got mine. Found it on ebay.

2. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, then the best advice I could say is to keep waiting it out. The right truck will show up in your state, just be ready to jump on it.

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I'm guessing those years are hard to find because people already have them paid off, and with the economy they don't want to buy anything else when they have a vehicle that has a lot of life left in it. Now something 02' to present is probably a lot easier because people are trying to unload debt and you may find a good deal.

4. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Dodge diesiel regular cabs are extremely hard to find. I searched for 2 months online. Saturday I was bored and I decided to go for a ride and came across an 05 2500 regular cab diesel auto 4x4. So I bought that. I was willing to travel, but all the good used Dodges seemed to be in Texas, and that was a little to far for me. Just keep looking, hopefully something will come up for you.