1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Finding a new Foreman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, May 31, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have a friend of mine who is a foreman, i dont like to be wiht him out of work becuase something with work always comes up and i dont like headachs when i dont need them. I also am starting to see lazyness in the guy and i really am looking to get ride of him. Can you guys let me know what you think i should do and also, what about starting a new foreman, after he knows the routes and that what about getting him set up on how to get to the accounts?
  2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the crux of most management problems stems from mis-communication.
    Have you tried speaking with him at all, documenting your observations regarding his behavior/lack of performance?
    If not, you are setting your self up with a repeat performance with the next foreman you hire.
    Simply due to this individual being your friend doesn't equate to preferential treatment. Should the roles be reversed, don't you think your friend would be counseling you?
  3. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, what do you mean recording things, as far as when he screws up or what. He is a freind but more or less the type you dont really care to be around. I would rather not see him if i could. Not the bestest freind.