Finding a new foreman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Jun 12, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wonderign what is the best way to find an exsperienced guy to run a lawn crew. I need someone but dont know the best way to find them.hispanic perferably/?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

advertise and then be ready to PAY them a bunch per hour

3. smarino21

Is 12 an hour fair for driving a ztr knowing the routes.

4. MMLawn

That sounds like a laborer that just also happens to drive a company truck. Is he going to be a real foreman running a crew, or just a driver working with another guy? Big difference.

If he will be a real foreman then I wouldn't think so in the northern states, because my starting pay for a foreman is $14 an hour and I am in the South where as a general rule wages are less than other parts of the country because cost of living is also much less.

5. smarino21

so you say foreman, what do you mean like he is the foreman but what responsiblitys does he have then.

6. MMLawn

EVERYTHING. When he leaves out with his crew in the morning everything they do (or don't do) is his responsibility and you should not have to worry or check on anything they do. If he cuts fine, but his main job is to see that every single property is done, done properly and done to his companies standards.

7. smarino21

so you say foreman, what do you mean like he is the foreman but what responsiblitys does he have then. Where is the best way to find a mexican guy?

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Speak spanish and be able to say Mucho Dinero.

Mike told you exactly what you need. Should he hire one and send him to you too?

9. smarino21

THe thing went through twice on accident relax, I understand totally, now were do you find these mex's? I got one right now but he dont knwo anyone else ?