1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Finding Employees - Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fakie99, Apr 9, 2013.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

dang man. i see why they aren't working. why am i working? they get paid more than me to do nothing. isn't america great? :rolleyes:

2. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

That's the problem with people today... they don't have to work for money anymore!

Matter of fact I bet the benefits of government assistance would DOUBLE the salary of someone working for min wage.
    Health insurance, food, rent, spending money, utility bills, cell phone, transportation, clothing, furniture, household items, the list goes on...

I will work the rest of my life so my children don't become part of the problem that plagues our modern society. It makes me feel like a millionaire when my kids ask for the chance to earn my respect in this "give me more" society. That's a feeling money can't buy and a life worth living...

God bless America!

3. Doin_It

Doin_It LawnSite Member

I love the quote............"Any government powerful enough to give the people all that they want is also powerful enough to take from the people all that they have."........ Republicans have quoted this a number of times.

A couple more that feed into those sitting thee with their hands out waiting
    for free money...............

“A government with the policy to rob Peter to pay Paul can be assured of the support of Paul”

”It's illegal to say to a voter “Here's $100, vote for me.” So what do the politicians do? They offer the $100 in the form of Health Care, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Food Stamps, tobacco subsidies, grain payments, NEA payments, and jobs programs.“
    Don Farrar - average guy, age 51

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

exactly spot on with that comment

5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

20 an hour for a foreman? Contact me..sold my company last summer and working in banking now

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

This forum needs a " like" button. I know people who get 350 a week unemployment and have not worked in over a year. That just aint right.

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

And I know people who legitimately cannot find work and their unemployment has ran out and they're on the verge of homelessness. Are some people abusing the system? YES. Most aren't, though. Be glad you live in a country that have these systems in place to help you out when you hit a rough patch.

8. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

That's right we are lucky to be in this country and a safety net from the Gov. I was actually referring to some particular people I know that don't even bother looking for a job. That's when it's not right.

9. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see if I get killed for this...20 a hour sounds good for a 40 hour week all year with health insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay and a matching 401k. However 20 dollars a hour working only 8 months a year , rain days with no pay, having to buy health insurance yourself, and supplment your own retirment hmm......makes more sense to work for 12.00 a hour at the piggly wiggly...on the year you would make more...

10. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Unemployment for 4 months.