1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

finding grease fittings

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by markahurley, Jun 4, 2008.

1. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

i've got a toro wb, and i cannot find a grease fitting for the life of me. i need to grease the pto drive belt idler, but i can't seem to find the fittings! though fairly new to me, it's about three or four years old. i've never had problems greasing fittings on my other mowers, but this one's stumped me.
  2. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Are you talking about a replacement zert fitting? Have you tried a farm and home supply type store or your dealer? I saw a whole rack of different zert fittings at the Tractor Supply Company the other day. I would go to the dealer as the last option as its likely to be much more expensive there.

Or are you talking about you cant locate the fitting on the mower its self?
  3. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

nope. i'm just that dumb. i can't find them on the mower. by the manual, i can see where they should be, but even with the mower jacked up, i'm not seeing the zerks on the mower. i must be losing it. :)
  4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

Ah ok.

Well wish i could help you but I am not sure of its location on a Toro WB myself. Perhaps if you posted the type of toro WB and deck size it might help others nail its location down for you.
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

OK, Your Toro is exactly like the eXmark Metro I had, if you need to grease the PTO idler you need to take the cover off the top of the mower.

2nd why do you have the mower jacked up? all of your grease zerks are external, you don't have any that require the mower to be jacked up.

I've attached a picture of what your machine should look like and I highlighted the part you need to take off.

6. bojodunk

bojodunk LawnSite Member

keep up the good work mark grease is cheaper than replacing parts