Finding Labor SUX (Semi Long)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Need a Little Trim, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I am down here in New Orleans with an exploding business since the storm thinking that all is well. Business itself could never be better. I have been steady hiring employees of all walks that come through my door and seem to meet my very bare minimum of requirements.
    Quite frankly I am getting tired of these pansies coming in for one day realizing this work is hard and extremely hotttt and then never showing up or calling. I am tired of working seven days a week 12 plus hours a day. I have gone through 3 interviews hired these people to start and they never show up or call. Now I am about o lose the employees that I do have to college and can't find anymore.

Katrina helped the fast food employees to make $10-$12/hr plus $125 bi weekly cash bonuses. Most restaurants are paying $12-$14 per hour and $2500 dollar sign on bonuses. All I can do is screammmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If anyone in New Orleans wants a job hit me up or if they are looking at combining forces with another company and merging do the same. I am getting desperate.
  2. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a close freind in roofing down there and was looking to come down there and i got about 2mexicans, how much work is down there. I am not afraid to start up over there? Let me know via email.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hey this is all normal. Especially if you have bare minimum standards :laugh: If you had high standards they would last maybe 2 days :laugh:

Good luck...:drinkup:
  4. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

My standards aren't bare minimum but, these days down here I have to deal with sub par employees. I just have to vent one of those is it all worth it weeks.