Finding leads?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I overheard a guy at a local McDonalds (fellow landscaper) talking to his buddy about the fact that he is running leads on maintenance contracts like crazy for the past 3 weeks. All I could think about was exactly how he got all these leads on commercial & residential maintenance work?? I am not the type to just bardge into a personal conversation and ask. What is your means for picking up leads on maintenance accounts? I personally send letters out to accounts I would like to maintain and hope for a call back. As far as bumping into someone who needs maintenance it hasent happened yet. I have gotten no calls out of the yellow pages either. All leads for work so far have come from letters & residential clients that own companies that need maintenance contracts.

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

When it comes to sales, you have got to be aggressive. Letters are a good intro. but they will NOT get you many calls. The best thing to do would be to send a letter, then call, either on the phone, or in person. Persistence pays ... well.