Finding Mfg. Reps

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gjuster, Oct 16, 2003.

1. gjuster

gjuster LawnSite Member
    from Waco,TX

I am new to the industry and looking to find manufacturer reps to sell my commercial landscaping product to wholesale landscape distributors. Where do I find these reps.

2. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

The most direct root would be contacting the AIM Reps Assn. I believe thier URL is http://www.aimreps.org If that is not right or you can't find it post again and I will make sure I get it right.

Other options would be going to a major trade show and putting a sign in your booth that you are looking for reps. There is also MANA which covers reps for all industries and is rather broad for what you are looking for. Another option would be classifed ad's in some of the industry magazines. If that didn't work I could give you the contact info for some good reps and you could ask them for recommendations. Hope I helped.

3. gjuster

gjuster LawnSite Member
    from Waco,TX

Thanks for the help. I am aware of those organizations, and the trade show route. I should have been more specific in my question. How do I find a rep or two today. I am being hired to boost sales, and while I have an extensive background in building national sales organizations, I have no knowwledge of this particular industry. I am trying to get a feel of the sales end of it before a Monday morning meting with the company. I like to be prepared.

4. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you are probably trying to move too quickly to work that fast. I have two thoughts. Get yourself to Louisville ASAP. The biggest show in the industry is going on there starting Saturday. Talk to people.

Here is a link for more info for the show. http://expo.mow.org/
    I will not be online after this post until the show is over. I am leaving to set up in minutes. If you decide to go, feel free to stop by my booth (Turbo Technologies,) and say hello.

The other option would be to go on the AIMRA website and they list members phone numbers. Make some calls. perhaps they can help or may be interested. Most of those guys are established and not out to make split second decisions, but you can get a good feel for things. Good Luck