1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

finding trees

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tiffany, Jan 17, 2001.

1. tiffany

tiffany LawnSite Member

I am trying to locate some large (2-3" caliper) blocks of trees in the Louisiana-Alabama-Mississippi area without much success. Are there any good websites or nurseries to try?
  2. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

What kind and how many?I may know a source but they don`t have a website.
  3. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

http://www.sna.org/ Try this, should be able to find some growers on here or a similar site
  4. look under mcminnville tn. or call the chamber there. they are probably a couple hundred nurseries in warren county tennessee.
  5. also look under Tnnursery.com a very good site for whatever plant material you need.
  6. tiffany

tiffany LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I still haven't found what I am looking for, but I have not yet given up hope. The list is pretty long, but the trees that are really important to me are Willow Oak (36....2" caliper), Sweet Bay Magnolia (102...6'), Foster Holly (114...6') and Native Red Maple (32...2" - 2 1/2" caliper).
  7. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

My local nursery can drop ship almost anything, anywhere. E-mail me your list at walleg01@snet.net along with a ship-to city and state and see if I cant give you a quote on your plant material. You can fit around 70, 2 1/2 cal trees on a 40 foot trailer. All I have locally are the maples.