finding used equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coryc_23, Feb 7, 2005.

1. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

Wanted to know if you guys know where i can find good used mowing euip be sides ebay.
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC
    Posts: 859 is a good place to start. Also consider calling larger landscaping firms in the area and ask them if they are selling anything. Some times you can get a good deal other times you are buying equipment thats at the end of its life.
  4. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your grocery store or anywhere that offers free publications and see what they have. I have found lots of good deals this way.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am surprised nobody suggested looking right here on lawnsite with their marketplace
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That is a good place to look and I have bought stuff off there from other members and it all worked out well. The only down side is that about 90% of what I see listed the guys just want too much for it it plain and simple. A perfect example is a guy had a used trailer on there the other day that he wanted $850 for and I can buy that exact trailer locally here Brand New for $790 out the door.
  7. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member
  8. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Check the trading times and local newspaper the closer to sping the more stuff there is for sale.Some of the dealers may even sell some used stuff, one of them around here does at least.
  10. Rob's Lawn Care

Rob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Check out this place, the selection is very good and prices are fair. :)