Finding used lawn equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steinerboy, Apr 1, 2004.

1. steinerboy

steinerboy LawnSite Member

wanted to know if there is a website besides ebay that has used lawn equpiment such as ztr's or walkbehinds . you can also email me at
  2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

check your pm steinerboy.
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

In case anyone in the area is interested. I have a 2002 Exmark
    36' Metro with under 100 hours on it for sale. It is in great shape. First $1300.00 takes it.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Problem w/ websites besides Ebay is that you have to do a cash/carry arrangement to get much protection against fraud. Ebay's not perfect, but it's something. The odds of you finding a website with enough mowers to give much selection, while also being local to your area, is slim. I personally wouldn't send money off and hope someone ships me a mower unless I had protections like Ebay, Paypal(marginal ones) or COD gives you.
  5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. mowfun

mowfun LawnSite Member

7. J&J Lawn Care

J&J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

8. steinerboy

steinerboy LawnSite Member

thanks to all just looking.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The local papers in your area this time of year can have some nice units priced right.
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 13,494 They have a search feature so you can narrow it down by different categories, such as brand, type, price, etc. Also, they do the location thing, so you can search within 20 miles of you, or 2000 miles of you. It's pretty cool.