1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fine tuning sprinkler heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by argh, Apr 13, 2013.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Orbit heads are Rain Bird nozzle compatible , Just don't use vans.. at all ..

I don't understand the need to install drip. Why pay for quite a bit more in products and time converting this large area into a drip with the disadvantage of having tubing everywhere ( weeding nightmare )

When you can take.. Maybe 10 minutes.. with a remote and some nozzles and re-nozzle the zone . Take an hour to relocate a couple of those heads. Wala An hour of my time .. $35 in parts and I increased the efficiency of the zone 2 or 3 fold .Is the zone perfect? no of course not but it's a heck of a lot better then before.. That beats hours more of involvement and much more product price to increase the efficiency of what I did a small amount of xx%
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

How can you state this without knowing what is planted, the current DU or how much is being lost to over spray? Further, how does SDI present a weeding nightmare ... that is assuming you aren't planning on discing to control your weeds?
  3. HardRain

HardRain LawnSite Member

Since it's just plants, you might be able to get away with less than head to head coverage. Depending on pressure at the head, I'd put on 8 or 10ft nozzles and see how it does. If it works out, you saved yourself a lot of trouble vs a more expensive renovation.