finish grade

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobcatnj, Mar 14, 2007.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i was asked to bid a job that the GC wants is just finish grade with seed/fertilizer.it can probably be raked out (might take a day) with 2 guys or rent a machine and backdrag it .(around 15000 sqft) what would you guys charge?

2. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

General Contractors usually don't want to spend alot of money. How much is the machine your talking about. If it is close to grade, I would run a box blade over it. 15K won't take very long. Then I would rake smooth. What kind of seed are you putting down and what's you cost on that. I did a job similar to that for 900 a few months back. Planted rye.

3. bobcatnj

he just wants contractor mix 50lb bag i can get for 60.00

4. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Are you putting any wheat straw over the seed? I'd charge 800 plus any rental charge, if that's all the seed you need.
    Gary

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

.08 per sq. ft. here.

Chris

6. bobcatnj

no hay or straw, just finish grade/seed/fert

7. ToroMaster

ToroMaster LawnSite Member
    from Neenah

8 cents a foot. Let a professional get the job. Nothing bothers me more than guys that rent equipment and put in a terriable lawn. Ninety percent of the time you must apply straw for good establishment. The other ten percent is if you have irragation.

8. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

$850 with straw included

$640 (2 guys = 16 man/hours)
    $210 (fert/seed/straw/extras)

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

My price would be 1,200.00 to hydro-seed- 400.00 to grade and rake Total:1,600.00. Do it right or dont do it. 50 lb. of seed does not go far. I use a 80-20 blend fescue coverage on new lawn 8-10 pounds per 1000 sq.' Then you would probably have most of a day grading, raking , and edging. If you dont apply mulch, yo and the gc is asking for problems. Most soil inspectors pet peave is mulcing to prevent possible erosion if it rains.
    Mike

10. bobcatnj

i meant 1 bag of 50lb costs 60.00, im going to use more than 1 bag hahaha