Finished bluestone sidewalk pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Aug 8, 2009.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

nothing too extensive but i think it came out pretty well. 4 ft X 30 ft. The stone itself could have some more color for bluestone.

walkway 002.jpg

walkway 008.jpg

walkway 010.jpg

walkway 012.jpg

walkway 014.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

looks very nice woulda looked better if it was set in mud eh? and had nice straight lines cut on the edges.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

you mean cemented? I like dry construction personaly. Much more natural as well as traditional look, especially in front of an old farm house, dont you think? I considered cutting the edges but left it for the same reason. That part scares me cause there's no putting it back if it ended up looking too formal or contemporary. I could still do it though. Think I should?

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yes on second thought, taking the house into consideration i agree with you.

5. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice, good job fitting the stones.
    Only two things: the top step seems to be a little narrow (maybe it's just the pic), and that one joint that runs all the way across the walk at a 90 degree angle about halfway up, my eye just keeps going to it.
    I like the rustic look, it matches the house.

6. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

Those steps look like a real ankle breaker. I do like the walkway though. Do you want grass in the joints?

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

moss in the gaps and ya there are ankles laying all over the place by now...

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, first thing my eyes went to was the steps. I think you otta go back and re-do them correctly.

9. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

what is not correct to you?

10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Feel free to correct, but here's what I see. The steps look to be all different rises. Maybe 7", 6" and 9". The little upper guy is not really safe. Take those shrubs out add a little darkness and it's a bad problem. In my experience they wont last long constructed dry like that.