Finished laying mainline

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I finished laying the 2" main in the condo complex I mentioned in a earlier thread.

1800' feet of 2" and about 3 times that of wire are in the ground now. 20 valve take offs (Tee with a TOE nipple and a threaded galvinized cap) are in, plus a few "future use" capped spurs. Used a total of 360 feet of 4" SDR-35 for sleeving.

The excavation company is going to backfill it and prepare to grade for the road.

I'm guessing they are going to royally screw me over with the backfill, but I tried and now its the contractors problem.

It took 2 people two days to do it, and we only had to touch a shovel to backfill the valve boxes.

BTW, each valvebox has a piece of 3/4" poking up 6' painted orange, hopefully the excavation company is careful backfilling it.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like you've done just about all you can to save the integrity of your main line. It's in someone else's hands now. If the general and other subs are conscientious about the backfilling, compaction and grading you should be in business after they're all done.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking of pipe... we received almost 3000' of pipe today in various diameters (1/2" - 2") to replenish stock on our trailer. Some of the prices have gone up almost 35% per foot on some of the sizes. :dizzy: