Finished my first Mulch estimate today. I am in the ballpark with my price?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by LocalLawnCareNJ, Apr 5, 2014.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

when I calc a dump fee, Im always figuring just , literally the dump fee.

Not the time to load the truck.

Labor for buggy lugging the debris could be out to the back…into the truck or whatever… dump fee is what it costs to get rid of it off site.

2. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

So you're bid might be a little low. Learn from every job you do and don't make the same mistake twice. If you learn from this job it'll be worth your time and you'll be better prepared for the next one.

3. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

No, the dump "fee" is what WE pay to get rid of the materials. At my Rumpke dump the MINIMUM is $65 or so.

Will he have to rent a motorized buggy like a Dingo? He better! Will he have to rent a dump trailer? He better!

If he's going to be using a shovel, a wheelbarrow, and a landscape trailer to load and then unload all that dirt and sod.....whoa boy. That's gonna take a LONG time.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Lmao.

Dude.

Sod cutter. 20 minutes done.

Around trees he'll need a spade

Dingo? Buggy? Wtf lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

His new beds will generate 3 yards of dirt.

I'm starting to wonder if you have any idea how to do calculations. The math isn't tough.

6. PLLandscape

PLLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

If he cuts 4" down I see where you get the 3 yards from. I did this bed but only cut 1.5-2" down then filled with topsoil/compost mix. I would never take out that much soil. With a sod cutter and me wheel barrowing the cut sod I was probably 30mins. Best part is that I took the sod on used it on some bare parts of my lawn. :laugh:

But I do have a dump trailer so any removal is easy. Press the button and watch it fly vs unloading by hand.

planter.jpg

planter03.jpg