Finished up Last Round Fert today

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice day in the lower 50's to finish up last round. Did 19 today. Used 46-0-0 UFLEXX will be anxious to see how we green up next spring.

Couple yard clean ups and all done for the year. Been a long season, weather was hell, drought was royal heck, but blessed again to have a solid season.

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

It will green up in the spring there will still be unused N left over.we finshed up on tues and summer was hard here in june / july but the yards look great this fall with min rain .And Very little weeds

Charles Cue

3. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm doing my last two lawns today. I wish I did 7 apps instead if six like TG does here. If its an early spring like the year would 7 but argonoically correct ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

we have just about 800k of fert left and about 1.2 mill of lime, we should have the fert done by the end of the week and the lime at the end of next week.

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be finishing up today with my last round. The guys have a few larger cleanups to do and then my one year round guy will perform just a periodical cleanup on some lawns for another couple weeks. We too had a great year considering the elements. Time to get everything ready for the snow...but not before we head to Vegas Thanksgiving weekend for some guy time and watch our Irish battle it out with USC!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

How did the 46-0-0 spread? where you able to get it to go down at 1 lb n/k? I still have about a week and a half of apps left. And a few fall clean ups to do due to some stubborn trees.

7. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

boy it certainly is a nice feeling to finish the final apps for the year, especially if the weather dosnt cut you short---hope to be there soon also, but just lost a week( combined) from the 2 storms that came thru here - my goal is to be wrapped up by dec 1 now

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Able to spread it easily with my Mag at 1 lb N/k. Fears of overapplication were unfounded.

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Told ya so. Looks like you're pouring sugar doesn't it.
    Posted via Mobile Device