Finished up my website what do you think?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by mp1127, May 11, 2012.

1. mp1127

mp1127 LawnSite Member

I got ambitious tonight and overhauled my entire website let me know what you guys think, and btw Im new here so hello to everybody.

www.CTexcavation.com

2. turfboys

turfboys LawnSite Member

I just finished making a website as well check it out and let me know if anyones got any pointers.
    http://www.turfboys.com

3. precision_lawns

precision_lawns LawnSite Member

you got a good name, and good look aswell

4. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Turfboys, not to be a PITA but I found a spelling mistake under dethatching :) Both sites look very good!

How are you guys hosting your websites? Home server or online like godaddy.com ?

5. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

MP1127 Your site looks great.

6. USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

CT- Site looks good.. Clean, professional, and custom looking; However I have just a couple of constructive pieces of criticism:

Here's what you have on your home page:

CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1, we wouldnt be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is top priority.

There are only a couple of grammar issues I would change if it were mine:

CT Excavation & Property Services believes that the customer is #1; We wouldn't be in business without you. Going the extra mile to keep every customer satisfied is our top priority.

Again, just my opinion, but otherwise it looks good!

On a different note: I don't know if I'm missing something here, and I don't mean to be rude, but Turfboys, you really should start a thread of your own if you want comments about your site.. its kind of rude to thread jack like that...

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Your site looks real good man...Good work!

8. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

lol, yeah. he jumped right in to jack the thread without giving OP any feedback first. makes it even worse. CT i like your website man. Looks good.

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

MP, my first reaction is that the face of your business, your logo, doesn't look very professional. My guess is that it's more of a square logo and you forced it to fit into the wide rectangle that is your top banner?

I'd also recommend going through previous posts in this forum and take a look at the SEO (search engine optimization) advice we've given to others. Your site, as well as TurfBoys, are essentially lacking the basics, which is what will help get you found.

Tony

10. mp1127

mp1127 LawnSite Member

I agree, its actually a business card file rigged to fit in the banner gonna have to make a better one, and i will take a look at the SEO thing.

Thanks to all