finishing up for this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i had a good year,next week is my last week.i have 2 clean-ups and thats it! guess today i'll put the snow plow mount on my truck. who else is sitting around and waiting for snow???

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not inclined to try plowing with this old F-150 with two-wheel drive, but plowing is something I hope to get into with my next set of wheels. I'd like a 3/4-ton truck, but if I end up with a landscaping truck with one of those large box beds, I doubt I'd try plowing with it.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Just when I thought I was finished I saw a customers lawn yesterday that had the rest of the leaves fall from a Maple tree they usually fall off this tree in Dec. but we got som cold weather and flurries this week and they fell so I might have to go back out if they call if not so be it.Plows are on the trucks already.

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I am hoping to finish next week also. But this rain has made it difficult.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have one fall clean up left on my list, but the way the weather is, I don't think that I will be able to get to it this year.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We'll be finished this week...plows are all ready as well

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'll be done by next saturday. snow? huh? i've decided to say screw it. i'll be in sunny florida. snow is for eskimos

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I am in the process of finishing up. Went out this afternoon after we got my brother to the airport and on his way back to California. Trying to finish up but the weather has been a pain the neck. I have around 30 lawns to go by. Not all are leafers but they will need cut. Just got done raking my mom's yard in the dark. Looks like rain on Wednesday bthis week so I should be done on Friday. I think I am going to go around all the lawns just to make sure they don't need cut again. Snow plow has been on the truck and is working fine. Just waiting for the snow to fly.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Plows and sanders are all set, fresh fluid, paint, filters etc. Got another round of cleanups to get in before Christmas though. Hey, if they want to pay... I'm there. Guess I could say I have some REALLY anal customers. But then again, they pay the bills. We do 3 rounds of cleanups here on most of our accounts. Some even more. MUST be nice! :)

10. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

NO,NO,NO...Sorry Booby, I just put the lock on the gate to Florida. You are too late. It is all filled-up w/snowbirds for this year. If a couple of them croak, I'll let you know. Until then you will just have to stay in Sunny N.J. I'll call ya when we are ready for you down here !!!