1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

FINLEY, it's getting hot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bohiaa, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sometimes its a catch 22. but it's hot here now.... been 100 for the last 2 to 3 days. THANK GOD.......

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would think that would NOT be good?
  3. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

Yeah its hot and the humidity has been out of control the last three days. When was the last time you got any rain Bohiaa?
  4. TheC-Master

TheC-Master LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about that. I imagine you want the lowballers to leave.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering why you wanted it 100 degrees or more??

Then Cmaster said to get rid of the lowballers. I suppose if they actually have to break a sweat while lowballing, they would be more apt to quit and go on welfare, right?

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

its getting warmer around me as well. i usually dont mind rain but it has rained a lot this week and i dont really mind it because some of my accounts havn't been watering and the grass could use some good rain
  7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

60s all week and today it his 74 here I could be wrong but that seems cool for June. Hell I have been wearing long pants all week even had to put on a jacket 2 days a go cutting.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Over 100 in our area also. We got a spot of rain last nite. A good couple weeks of real hot temperatures starts the irrigation work on home owners. And often you can pick off commericial sites that have companies that just don't keep the irrigation going.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

We haven't had one 80 degree day yet in June....real cool.
  10. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

mid 90's with heat index in the low 100's here in southwest florida!