Fire a customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Yard Gnome Landscaping, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Yard Gnome Landscaping

Yard Gnome Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a customer that is a very large PITA. I would like to fire them but i want to do it professionaly as I have other customers in the area. Any idea on the best way to go about doing this?

I was thinking of sending them a letter stating that I feel it would be in everyones best interest if i no longer service their account.

Something like that.

Any input would be great.

Dale

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

what has the customer done to you to want to axe them??

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I fired one of my PITA's earlier this year. I told her, "after much thought and careful consideration, I have determined that I cannot provide the level of service you desire within the time frame I require to make your job economically viable for me"

The more big words you use, the smarter you look...

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

When I drop a PITA customer, I couldn't care less how the other accounts in that neighborhood feel about it. Most of the time they knew the person was a PITA before I did.

5. growinandmowin

growinandmowin LawnSite Member

i agree with hoolie

6. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

I'm assuming you've tried to raise the price?

If you really wanted to be professional, you could find another guy for them, if that's possible, on top of a quick letter. You might even get a finder's fee for it. But, to be fair, I would warn the guy about how much of a PITA they were.....

7. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I believe its woopsidaisy.

Matt