fire damaged concreate

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by gammon landscaping, Mar 30, 2011.

1. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

we are doing a demo of a building that burned but they want to keep the slab. the reason the building burt is a car fire. they want us to include cleaning the slab. we have not cleaned the floor of yet but i am guessing it is bad. what would you guys use to get the soot and stuff off the slab? have any of you ever done this before? what works? i was thinking a the 3500psi washer we have at the shop and some muratic acid should do the trick.

2. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

never done this before but Im thinking my 6500 would just clean it up lol anyhow fire and crete dont mix, Id say that shiz is brittle and should be ripped out and replaced, If you lay concrete give a bid on replacing it at same time.

3. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

double post.....:hammerhead:

4. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

I cleaned a fireplace in a house that caught fire once. Not sure exactly what I used. I think it was dnb-1430 from delux. If that didn't work I would try hydroflouric acid or muratic acid. First I would try a lower strength soap and hope to get lucky.

5. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

just an update if anyone finds this thread later. the top of the concrete popped off. and we had to remove the slab....surprise it was 8 inches thick with lots of steel!!!