Fire Fly Lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Oct 24, 2007.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Has anyone out there any experience using Fire Fly Lights like the ones in the link below?

http://www.fireflymagic.com/

I am thinking that in the right setting, applied in the right way, they might just be quite alluring.... but if the product is crap then I wouldnt consider it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Have a great day.

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Holy cow James, I was just looking at that site yesterday. They look kind of cool, Thinking I might try some in the right venue.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

with the landscapers around here (yours truely not included) I think they would be gone within a few months. In the right setting maybe but .....Heck I bet homeowners would love em.

4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

I just emailed them and asked if they would sell only the light modules and the controller, allowing me to custom wire them on site to fit my client's views and foliage.

Their kits look easy, but I think too limited for the scope of property I work on....I would rather have 12 fire flys scattered over say 50 to 100' of view rather then 12 feet of view. With our lot sizes, I would need a LOT of kits and then it would look too busy and fake

5. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

James, do a google search on firefly lights and you will find other distributors that sell them in quantities of I believe 36 in a kit.

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Being from N. California, and not ever venturing much further east than New Mexico (except for a trip to Wash. D.C. once) I don't believe I've ever seen a live firefly. I've seen Disneyland's and Hollywood's versions, but that's all.

I don't know why we don't seem to have them here. Maybe they need a certain amount of humidity to thrive?

Anyway, I wouldn't be able to tell how real these lights appeared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly

7. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

Maybe for a party or holiday as a novelty, but what about plant growth, hedge trimming, kids/animals getting tangled, stuff like that.

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

maint nightmare the more i think about it. Only way I would do this probably is if my firm maintained the landscape as well.

9. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

Gregg. You will have to come for a visit sometime in late July or August... we have fireflies here right outside our door almost every night. They are lovely to watch. The kids think they are magical, which they are.

Given the nature of our landscapes here (not urban in the least) I think these would be a hit with my clients, spread widely about across the bush. Guranteed fire flys on a switch.... so they dont get tired.

Have a great day.

10. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't you guys get started in lighting by using a jar of fireflys or by smashing a hundred or so on your white shirt and running around the yard after dark?