Fire in your designs

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by MAGLIGHTING, Feb 15, 2009.

1. MAGLIGHTING

MAGLIGHTING LawnSite Member

I'm not advocating unsafe equipment. Fire (in a controlled environment) can add festivity and interest to your designs

IMG_2363.JPG

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Are thoes the SPJ ones ? I rememeber talking to Chuck at FOLD about a tiki torch and I cant rememeber which manu he mentioned but one of them had problems with fuel leaks. Looks nice. Breaks up things a bit

3. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Mike,
    Can you elaborate more on that tiki light. I have two projects I am working on where this tiki light combo might work. The only fixture I know about is Nightscaping's I am open to more ideas.

4. MAGLIGHTING

This is not SPJ's or Nightscaping's or beachside's. That's a custom constructed top piece made to my spec fitted with an MR-16 halogen pathlight assemby under the Tiki hat with an extra long copper post. It has a super beefed up top with thick gauge copper so if you give it a good tap it's not going to easily dent. It also doesn't leak fuel from it's resorvoir.

5. MAGLIGHTING

Ned, look at Beachside's Tiki. I see on their website they now are offering a fuel filled version of their natural Gas torch. If the quality of the top is like their natural gas version than I can recommend it to you. Be prepared to pay for it though there is alot of copper in that baby. Good luck with the project.

6. NightLightingFX

NightLightingFX LawnSite Senior Member

Does Beachside's Tiki's have low volt lights in them? I get the impression from their website they don't. Does Nightscaping's TikiLiter leak?
    ~Ned

7. MAGLIGHTING

That's a question I can't answer regarding the light source in the Tiki for beachside as I've never used that particular unit. As for Nightscaping's fixture, I never had a leaking problem with the ones I used in the past. Sorry if I gave anyone that impression.

8. MAGLIGHTING

Here's several torches around a pool. The downlight does a nice job washing the pool deck and steps

Ratcliffe29.JPG

9. MAGLIGHTING

She really does a nice job lighting the step and the pot here.

Jacob144.JPG

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Pretty interesting light fixture there Mike. Are the ones pictured a style you had created on a mass basis or just a few for that job?