Fire Pit and Patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by dchauling, May 16, 2007.

1. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

Here is my first shot at a fire pit patio with a seating area.

Comments/suggestions please.

Craig

P1030964.JPG

P1030963.JPG

P1030952.JPG

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

with all the lights you might find a helicopter landing :laugh:
    JK, looks great, what block did you use?

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Perfect example of why EVENING STAR LIGHTING exists today. Trying to fit geometric shaped lights in anything is a big task. There's more cutting shown here than it takes to simply core drill a paver and insert a light. (Minute and a half) :hammerhead:

Job looks nice, but the lights should be on the inside of the wall. They also appear really dim - less than 1/2 of what I've typically seen.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a anti-fan of lights in pavers simple because people tend to follow patterns with them, and you end up with city scapes and runways.

Natural uplighting can be done elegantly, but if your just throwing lights into corners of patios....It looks boring.

5. dchauling

dchauling LawnSite Member

Since this is my 3rd season, The Kerr lights are the only ones I have installed and they were both this year. I want to get into more lighting but I have so much to learn I can't do it all.

The bricks are victorian pavers and quarry stack stone. (that is what they are called here anyway)

Thanks all

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Whether or not someone uses paver lights, wall lights, Christmas lights or solar lights... any light that's used as an accent is used in quantity and spaced accordingly. That is what makes it an accent. We have our products fixed at 4 watts, so as not to be obtrusive or cause a glare, but there are plenty of recessed lights that use MR12 or MR16 lamps used for wall and color washing. If you price these out, they are several hundred dollars a piece. Our products allow this lighting feature to be affordable on the retail level and provide a add on accessory and service for the contractor. :cool2: