1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fire those mowers up let's go racing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Aug 3, 2004.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

2. blackberry

blackberry LawnSite Member

Come on, 23.8 MPH for 12 hours?!!!
  3. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

LOL, Guess Darrell Waltrip cant say, Boogity Boogity Boogity...Lets go racin boys! Because its too slow.
  4. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

We also have lawnmower racing here in FL. I race with 2 different clubs and some of our mowers can hit speeds of 80mph. But most of the time we run about 40mph running a B&S OHV single. You can look up NASGRASS or USLMRA and read a little more about them.
  5. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

So there are companies out there that can provide you with aftermarket parts for a Kohler...........like to boost hp?
  6. meathead1134

now thats some funny stuff aftermarket lawnmover parts. I want to try it
  7. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Some of the ohv kohler can use chevy lifters, I know a guy who is putting chevy lifters and roller cam in a kohler twin. But my single ohv motor use B&S valves & piston and a billet rod, regrounded rod and the stock carb. Will turn over 7000 rpm's. Most of the power comes from the cam, rest of the stuff helps keep it together, but my motor is 2 years old and still running strong.I mow grass so I can play on my lawnmower.
  8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

What do you do for a transmission? Are you using the motor that came in the mower? Hmmm...I have an old rider that has a great motor.....HELP!
  9. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Transmission are off walkbehind mowers belt driven models, we take the shaft and machine it for 2 extra shift keys & machine the case and put in needle bearings in place of the bushings. Motor is your basic 14 and a half B&S OHV motor. We use kart axles,disc brakes , mower is a 1967 Rugg came with a 7hp motor & 3 speed tranny, weighs about 220 lbs with out me on it, geared for a top speed of 60 mph. Cost about $1000 bucks to build one. But it's great racing, everyone races very clean, and I race about 15 races per year. If you go to Nasgrass.com you can look at pics of some of the races.
  10. meathead1134

60mph on a lawn mower holy Sh$T