Fired a foreman today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paponte, Oct 6, 2006.

?

What would you do?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2006.
  1. Give him a warning

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. Fire him

82 vote(s)
    94.3%
  3. Ask for 1/2 the money

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Well what would you guys do? Found a foreman cutting additional accounts today, of course that were not on the route. Funny how I found him collecting HIS money after they were so nicely cut on MY time with MY guys and MY equipment. GPS phones, a wonderful tool!! :nono:

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

The trust can never be gained again. You will always second guess him. Just think about the jobs you don't know about that he pocketed the money. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: .

kc

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Fired immediately.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

No question about it, it's bye-bye to Mr. Foreman. :waving:

5. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

You can bet your ass if something went wrong, it would be YOUR FAULT!!! Afterall, it's your equipment, your personell...it MUST be your FAULT HE hit a a/c unit!

I would rip him a new one, and send him packin'!

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im a solo operator, but if I had employees and they were doing that.......I would fire him, I dont know how much the yard would net........but the wear and tear on the equipment, not to mention the Ins and workmans comp it will cost you if one of them gets hurt on that account.

wayne

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You didn't fire a foreman...you fired a thief. the same thing happened to a friend of mine. he went and talked to the customers; Then, on the day he was to give out checks, this guys check was short by the amounts of the mowings, AND the amounts of of the wages for that time of the two crew members. He gave the guy the option...he can walk, or or the issue can be handled by the D.A.. The guy walked. The funy thing about it, it was a guy who was PREVIOUSLY fired that came to the owner and told him.

8. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called STEALING! No second chance. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

9. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

I'd file criminal charges. What he was doing is nothing short of stealing! You should at least talk with an attorney about suing him for use (rental) of your equipment, and all wages paid to him and your crew.

I'd also be tempted to fire the whole crew; they had to be getting a piece of the action.

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup, there'd be more than one open position since there were others participating.