Fired landscaper kills co-worker and himself

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Nov 22, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

2. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Not to make light of this situation. What should we do......keep a deadbeat cause he might kill us? The world is a crappy place when we all live in fear. Just makes you wonder if we shouldn't all go to work at the Post Office where you know what to expect.
    Mike

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i think this incident is more about a guys
    inability to get along with coworkers,for what ever reason.when i read about these things ,i always wonder why if he was that desperate ,he didnt just sucker punch the guy that was mabe pushin him. lot simpler ,nobody dies, and heck he mite even solve his problem. couldnt make it any worse.jmho

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

As for the sucker punch...

Had a buddy "sucker" punch a guy back when we just got out of highschool. Kid ended up dying from landing head first on a fireplace stone. Bud freaked, loaded body into his trunk, drove HOURS into the middle of NOWHERE and buried him. Only spent 5 years in jail. NO BODY no CHAIR! HE Doesn't even know where he buried him!

If he would have just called 911 he would have been fine! Instead he spent 5 years of his life with a girlfriend named BUBBA!

Freaky!

5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

both my old boss's used to keep loaded 357's on there desks . guess they thought that mite happen at some point we had about 35 employees and alot of them were trouble

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

An employee of the Company I work for was fired, he said he was going home to get his gun and come back and shoot me, as he worked under me and felt I was the reason he was fired. My supervisor told me about it right away, they suggested I go home for the rest of the day I just stayed at work. As luck would have it the guy stopped at the beer store first and ended up getting caught for impaired driving on the way home. Lucky me. Another time one of our new employees started acting a little strange, he told me he carried a 8" hunting knife for protection from people who were out to "get" him. I tried to tell me boss to let him go, then he just stopped coming to work, a few days later I was reading the newspaper and there was a picture of him, he had attacked his landlord with an axe and was charged with attempted murder. I gave the news clipping to my Boss and told him to listen to me next time. I can't wait to go full time and be away from the crazies.

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I had a similar situation occur where I was employed. A employee, clinically diagnosed and hospitalized with a severe mental disorder, returned and threatened several employees. He was going to go home, get a gun and return to shoot his tormentors. I wanted to call the cops and document this as well as have the cops grab him but the boss said no. So I went to the employees, told them to get lost for a couple of days - with pay - and began carrying a revolver with me. I found out some time later the reason the deranged employee did not return to carry out his threat was he was told by another "friendly" employee I was armed and would shoot him. Additionally, after a year or so, the deranged employee - now no longer employed at this company - meets up with me at a local convience store. He tells me the same thing - knew I was armed - and would shoot him if he returned to carry out his threat.
    Incidentally, to this day I am armed and will continue to be so.