1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Firefighting grass cutters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnson grass, Jun 18, 2004.

1. johnson grass

johnson grass LawnSite Member

Just wanted to see how many career firefighters we had out there with lawn care businesses. I am a firefighter in Alabama and my schedule accommodates the business well. I work 24 hrs on and 48 hrs off. I just wanted to see how other firefighters were managing, and have they ran in to any problems with doing both.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

personally im not but i have 2 friends who are firefighters that do it on the side and they have no problem handling their accounts, all their customers know they are firefighters so they tend to be more lenient with them and their scedules
  3. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I am a career firefighter for a county dept. north of Atlanta. Lawn care is the part time job of choice. I came name 12 - 18 firefighters in the department that provide lawn care service. So far therer are plenty of yards to accomodate all of us.
  4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I am a volunteer if that means anything
  5. Top Notch

Top Notch LawnSite Member

I'm a career guy myself with 24/48 schedule too.

There is a thread in one of the other sections that's like 6 pages long about this exact same thing.
  6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

retired,but am still on call if major structure is involved...
  7. johnson grass

Top Notch, were is that thread located?
  8. johnson grass

jpmako, Volunteers definetly mean something and are very important keep up the good service.
  9. satch

satch LawnSite Member

career man 24/48 16 residential customers 1to 2 ac. yards and 2 apt.complexs both 4 acs each works great for me.i will have to hire part time man before getting any bigger
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic