Fires out west

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

thanks boss, we drove through almanor friday to and from reno.

0800 the smoke was heavy but you could see way out onto the lake, we returned 1330 and you couldn't see the lake from the hiway.

i have a few friends that are on the fire, (private contractors doing dozer work) but haven't heard from anyone since saturday.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Come out east... All the way to the east coast.

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Mike,

I camped on the outskirts of Cle Elum Saturday night for the meteor shower show that was happening this weekened.

On our drive back through cle elum we drove through a fire on both sides of the freeway that covered Maybe 1 acre. There was 1 cop there and no fire crew ( Everything is volunteer) The fire in 1 day has now covered 2,800 acres and a few homes.... Crazy stuff!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/08/cle-elum-fire-burns-one-home-threatens-others/

5. Mike Leary

Where EXACTLY did you camp, Mitch? :rolleyes:

6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

:) It wasn't me! Though I believe the area I camped in is burnt to the ground now. I camped in Elk Heights

Sadly 28,000 acres have burned in the past 3 days and 60 homes

7. Mike Leary

I've never seen a fire like that one. It refuses to quit, and, unlike "forest fires", there are a ton of homes, barns and livestock in the fires' way. :cry: There are fire crews from all over, bless them.

8. Put up with the smoke in the west or the terrible thunder storms n humidity in most of the East

Not a great choice.

But I guess if you have this happen less than 300 feet from your front door, I guess you would just want to get out of town for awhile. My house is the corner house that shows up in the beginning in the background.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...eca-as-police-investigate-suspicious-package/

John

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

a house saved near Cle Elum

cle elum.jpg

10. Mike Leary

It's so freakin' hot up here on the west side, that we've got the gennie going so we can run both roof airs.