1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by D&B Sharp Finish, Oct 27, 2008.

1. D&B Sharp Finish

D&B Sharp Finish LawnSite Member

What are you guys selling firewood for per cord? This year i'm selling for $135 per cord, delivered but not stacked...
  2. hillcountry

hillcountry LawnSite Member

I guess it depends where you are.....down here I can sell a chord of Oak for $225.
  3. ken gustafson

ken gustafson Inactive

Oak...Madrone...$300 per cord delivered...no stack Cedar...$225 Pine...$125
    And again no stacking 99.9% of the time. Ken
  4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

It ranges here from 115 a cord to 180 a cord both prices delievered. Just depends on the company
  5. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

$350 per cord for Oak delivered and not stacked $300 per cord for mixed hardwoods
  6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone around here goes by 'face' cord. Everyone I know sells mixed Cherry, Maple, Ash, etc. and it goes for $50-85/ face cord, usually cut, split and delivered. No stacking.
  7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

240-250 a cord. all hardwoods.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Around here, mixed hardwoods for $220-$250 a cord, delivered. I wish I could get a cord of wood for $110!
  9. HL Landscape

HL Landscape LawnSite Member

Seriously.....?????..... I'm with Matt from NY, its hard to for me to get 55-60 per face cord. Are the rest of you really getting 2-300 per face cord or are you referring to pulp cord? If so I will start trucking tomorrow.
  10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Most likely they are all talking about full cords. Hence 4 face cord at $50 would equal $200/ cord. Its all proportional, just depends on where you live and how the wood is sold locally.