Firing customers

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by ecoguy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

This is exactly like my "good by PITA" letter but I never recommend anyone. I do it at the end of the year after I have been paid. It is an awesome feeling dropping PITAs. I really takes a huge weight off your shoulders knowing your are not going to hear their complaining anymore.

Also a funny thing happens, when you drop 1 PITA, you pick up at least 3 great customers.

2. piste

piste LawnSite Member

With an attitude like yours I'm sure they feel even more awesome than you!! Now THAT's a "funny thing".

3. mikesturf

Piste, actually I have an awesome attitude with PITA customers! I drop them so that they can make someone else's live miserable. Too bad you weren't in the NW suburbs of Chicago because I would gladly past them on to you. You can't please everyone. There are people out there that will take years off your life by listening to their bitching.

I say this to everyone, whenever you drop a PITA, it relieves you of that burden of stress and angst and anxiety. Once they are gone, you will pick up 3 great, higher profit customers. Funny thing too, many times the PITA will call you back years later, begging you to come back-don't ever do it.

Piste, maybe you haven't done this line of work long enough to be able to separate the PITAs from the good customers.

4. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

Hey Piste. Well said, if you knew me. Or my business. Or what the hell you were talking about.

5. piste

piste LawnSite Member

My point was not directed at you in particular...just anyone who likes to feel like they get to wear big boy pants cuz they say they fire someone for whom they work. I only call the shots not the players....they usually self-identify...as you have.

6. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

Firing a customer is not about feeling big. In fact, the rare times it happens, I feel anything but big.

7. piste

piste LawnSite Member

Then use the proper words...you drop them...you don't "fire" them...

8. ecoguy

ecoguy LawnSite Member
    from Duncan

Fair enough. Hope your not Pist anymore. :)

9. mikesturf

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE. Does that bother you??????:laugh:

10. Marylandgunner

Marylandgunner LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device