1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Firing too many Employees

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bjm95, Nov 5, 2012.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

The problem is I'd be doing it as well to make sure their math was correct :laugh:
  2. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

I have had similar experiences with a lot of the same issues you guys mentioned. I had 5 employees this year and they all had issues and the one thing they all had in common was I had to babysit them all and their ages ranged from 19 to 40 and claiming all kind of lie-full experiences. I eventually got rid of them and I have learned from prior business endeavors you get what you pay for but even then you can still have issues.

We live in a world now that is filled with people that have a gimme mentality for barely nothing in return. But the ones who believe in making something out of themselves are probably the ones who are leaders such as we are. However, I had the best results when I paid out on high commissions per job but that may not work for you but might worth a shot.