First Aid Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Feb 9, 2003.

Do you carry a First Aid Kit?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2003.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
  2. No

16 vote(s)
  1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Do you carry a First Aid Kit?
  2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Would always take one when some friends and myself would go downhill mtn. biking at the ski resorts. My bro-in-law has had to use it a few times, lol. Now I have one for my truck and my wifes car. Very handy to have. Paid like 27$ for each kit. Has stuff in there I'll probably never use. You never know.
  3. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

I carry a First-Aid kit and a fire extinguisher in my trailer. The First-Aid kit went in after I cut myself about 3 times with the Leatherman, and the fire extinguisher just in case. (never thought I would need it until I was driving by a large estate and saw a Toro Groundmaster on fire and put it out for the operator who look like he was about to faint!)
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We carry the first aid kits in all the trucks. Seems like we're using the burn cream the most from the kits, guys just catching there fingers on an exhaust etc. We haven't been carrying fire extinguishers which i kick myself for...that'll be sure to be in all the trucks & trailers for this spring.
  5. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Always;Isn't it an OSHA law if you have employees?
  6. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I have always have them in the trucks. I'm glad I had it in the the truck when my employee cut his toe off.
  7. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

i think all of us should carry one. you never know what might happen out there.
  8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Also carry allergy medicine for bee stings, Ivarest for poison ivy, wasp or hornet killer, and a can of off.

I hate not being prepared.
  9. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

I was glad to have one after nicking my middle and ring fingers on my right hand with a Toro 21" push blade. Blade wasn't supposed to be moving... Just made a bee-line to a hose and had a co-worker bring me gauze for me to wrap around till i got to the hospital. No serious injuries, luckily, the callouses helped a lot.
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't have a first aid kit yet, but I've been looking at them more in the mail order catalogs lately.
    I think I'm going to buy the stuff individually rather then buying a kit as there's certain stuff I want.

Fire extinguisher is sitting in garage waiting to go into truck before spring.
    Good reminder post!