first aid kit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 30, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

realized yesterday, that I have no first aid kit in my truck. Going out monday to put one in. Any of you guys buy a certain one or does it not matter? I was thinking of putting a benadryll spray (for stings) and maybe some cold packs in there. Am I forgetting any extras that I'd be better off having?

Newbies, listen to any advice in this category, its more important then you think.
  2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

tylenol, burn cream, bandaids, gauze, alcohol
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you should be able to get a travel firsst aid kit, mine is right in my side door. I also have a fire extinguisher as well.

What Expert said is good. Also good to have some scissors and tweezers in it as well
  4. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Gauze and electrical tape make a fine band-aid in the field, they'll last all day compared to the cheapo brand band-aids that come with most emergency kits.

Fire extinguishers are another great item to keep with you, ya just never know what's going to happen.
  5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I believe the first aid kit I use is the one that came with my Jeep Wrangler. Pretty much has everything. Good call on the fire extinguisher Tiedeman
  6. Harry0

Harry0 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

ductape is a must for cuts-especially on fingers I usually use it straight but I guess I should use gauze too. Bandaids do not last
  7. Rene

Rene LawnSite Member

Don't over look the eye wash,
  8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I purchased the vehicle kit that has a hard case. Packed with bandaids, gauze, sissors, tape, cold compresses, tweezers, eye wash, pain killers, etc.

The first aid kit and the fire extinguisher are mounted beside each other behind the truck seat.
  9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

dont forget a bandana so the you can make a torniquet
  10. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I walk in to Walmart a couple of months ago to pick up a FA kit and couldn't beloeve the price. So, I got one of those cool looking rubbermaid containers and filled it with the same first aid sipplies that was list on the kit. I added stuff as well and the whole thing barely cost any more than that dinky little kit! And, I got more stuff!