1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Aide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Aug 13, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

We carry first aid gear in the truck,but no fire extinguisher.I guess I'll have to get my finger out and get
    one. One vital item to carry in your truck is bog paper.
    (toilet paper). Always handy. :)

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I carry me. I'm a fire extinguisher and a paramedic.

Gusbuster, I know you are an ex CHIP so the firefighter part of you is predictable. The cops always run in first. Its the canary syndrome. Just kidding. The police are always helping us do our jobs, I just wish they would learn how to reload hose. Neat story.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What is an Epi-Pen? What does it do for you? Take the sting away?
    I ran over a nest of ground bees last week, and got stung seven times. Those bees got down in my socks, and I thought I was going to die.
    I actually screamed, and ripped off my shoes and socks. My ankles were stinging so bad, and all I had to put on them was ice from the cooler.

Where do I purchase an Epi-Pen? Although I don't plan on getting stung anymore, it would be nice to be prepared.

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Always carry both, plus lots of other things too, like tie down rope, log chains, oil, tools, spare parts, etc.
    My days of Boy Scout 'be prepared' have carried over into adulthood. :)
  5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

carry two of each, never know what will happen. who kniws may help someone who doent carry one.