First and Last ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by MarkSLR, Jul 31, 2013.

1. MarkSLR

MarkSLR LawnSite Member

It is the 72" deck. I felt the most comfortable on this machine from everything I have been on. I like the power and everything about it. I even like the price compared with others it is a good fit for me and service was excellent and the customers were all treated equally well. It was refreshing. They want my business.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Glad you pick something but dang that price is a killer :dizzy:

3. buckhtr77

buckhtr77 LawnSite Member

I read this whole thread. I planned on commenting @ the end that if you didn't consider the Ferris you were doing yourself a disservice. I recently bought the 3100 with the 36 HP. I've mowed with my father's Kubota ZD331 on several occasions. The Kubota rides like a log wagon. My back hurts when I get off the Kubota (I have spasms in my lower back). The difference the suspension makes is remarkable. The Ferris is so much more comfortable, the ICD deck cuts amazing. My neighbor has the mower you bought and one with the 36 Briggs. Both are 72 inchers and he told me the 37 cuts a little faster. You have bought one awesome mower.

4. MarkSLR

MarkSLR LawnSite Member

I did do research for a living except it was glass not mowers. The mower is like a slot car on rails compared to the diesel which is a tank. The Ferris is agile and nimble. Kinda like my Z06 Corvette performance oriented but for grass.
    I can't discuss it but I am holding off on getting the suspension seat.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Talk about The Ferris being like sports car My self I wouldn't compare my mower to a sports car cuz a sports car don't ride very well in rough conditions
    If I was going compare to a car or a truck I would say it rides like a Hummer 1 not a vette :drinkup:

6. MarkSLR

MarkSLR LawnSite Member

Of everything I drove it is a sports mower everything else was a truck or a tank. I have not started to tune the suspension which is an added Ferris feature for my yard/racetrack. I will add a tach also and after it gets broken in see about time trials. I am 15 minutes from Watkins Glen.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  7. MarkSLR

MarkSLR LawnSite Member

You know they day red is the fastest color. This might not be the fastest mower but it rides/handles the best and the cut is very good and striping kit is standard on mower not an option.

8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

You mean you paying 14k and it doesnt come with a tach :dizzy:

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Red isn't fastest thing out there , thats for sure
    Most mowers don't need a stripe kit to stripe

A roller stripe kit covers up a poor cut by pressing uncut grass down so looks like its a clean cut

Good luck with the mower

10. MarkSLR

MarkSLR LawnSite Member

Thanks I spent a lot of time here, on the net researching and at dealers deciding. Plus driving all over looking at dealers operation and quality to customer satisfaction. I will be posting a video etc. for the DFI.

I haven't seen one mower with a tachometer built in or an option. I would think it would be useful.

I could buy any mower I wanted and this was the best one for me doing 7 acres and soon to be 14 for my home. Does anyone analyze the cut clippings? I was going to do some if your interested comparing the Deere and Ferris.