First bid this big

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lets get it done, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Lets get it done

Lets get it done LawnSite Member

The local baptist church needs a bid on their property. it lay out as follows.

2 cuttings per month during the season (sometime in march thru november) the 1st ctting is around the chruch, grave yard and pastors house. This is about 2 acres, and inculdes trimming. the guy doing it before was a church member and was charging $75.00 for this cut. The 2nd cut is the same as the 1st but also includes another 4.15 acres of open flat area, for a total of 6.15 acres. The same member would do this cut for $150.00 for a total of $225.00 per month during the season.

I'm thinking of charging them the same $225.00 but on a 12 month cycle with 1 visit each month i the winter to clean up and cut and trim as needed as well as cut thier hedges. With the equipment I have I think I can do the first cut in 1 to 1 1/2 hours and the big cut in 3 to 3 1/2 hours. If they just want to stay with cutting only during the season it would be $275.00

Am I to high or to low or am I just right.

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't do it. It's bad enough to cut every other week but over 4 acres only once a month in Florida. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

3. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

The least I will cut any property is every 2 weeks and I sometimes ask myself why when I'm doing them in the spring when it is really to tall for that. I'm trying to get away from that and stay with the every week accounts. It may sound great because its a large property but my equipment is very expensive to maintain and grass that tall will cause many more problems than it solves. I would really try to at least get it every 2 weeks. It will take less time to mow it twice every 14 days than it does to cut once every 28 or 30 and save you alot of money and headaches to.

4. Lets get it done

Lets get it done LawnSite Member

How would you bid it