First bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Equalizer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Equalizer

Equalizer LawnSite Member

I got my first bid today and it is gunna entail, clearing out her flower beds, laying down weed matting, mulching and hauling away the weeds and other junk that is in her flower beds. The flower beds are a total of 332 square feet. My question is how much would some of you guys charge her. I figure it would take me a day myself, and she lives about 5 minutes from me. Thanks for your input guys. I told her that I would call her tomorrow with an estimate.

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Well that would depend on who buys the material. If I'm going to be at a job all day 8 hrs I try to stay around the 450 mark for just my labor.
  3. ALL-American

ALL-American LawnSite Member
    from Houston

This is a good place to get an idea on quantity of mulch. around here the install price is about $50 per cubic yard (mulch included about $20 a cubic yard) As far as the weeding it should be your hourly rate. I would leave the fabric out though. do a search and read about the pro's and cons of using fabric.....or
  4. Equalizer

Equalizer LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, i figure it should only take me around 3 hours to finish the job tho, and I'm gunna be buying the mulch it should be something like $50. I was thinkin of charging her like 175. I dont wanna scare her off because i know that she has a LOT more jobs that she is gunna need done and I would like to get those also.