1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

first big account

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jharbin2007, Mar 19, 2008.

1. jharbin2007

jharbin2007 LawnSite Member

I got my first big account today, start cutting next week!!! wohooo!! it is about 21k annually that will be a big for me considering i cut grass part time!!! thanks for all of you guys help!!
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

are you a solo operation
  3. lsu03

lsu03 LawnSite Senior Member

what equipment do you have?
  4. jharbin2007

exmark turf tracer walk behind and the usuals, stihl edger,weed eater,blower, hand tools all i need to do to get the job done! i keep it all in an enclosed trailer!
  5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Give us some details on what it is?? how big, etc etc??
  6. B Stove

B Stove LawnSite Member

7. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

8. jharbin2007

yea thanks, i am a solo operation i work on my days off from the fire station, i have worked with other lawn care guys before ,but decided to branch my own you know! this is an apartment complex it is approximately 12 acres i am pretty sure i can cut it all in one day they allow 2 days for it, it is kinda like a housing authority so it doesn't have to be bagged or kept up like your high end apartments. i am considering buying a sit down zero turn since there is so much grass, i am charging 799 a cut year round! hope it goes well!!