first blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikesjumpingin, Mar 23, 2003.

1. mikesjumpingin

mikesjumpingin LawnSite Member

I am building accounts for my first season, one is two acres with a long driveway...

Will a backpack blower cut down on blow time? If so, about how much? If it is significant, it will be a factor.

My dealor has echo and stihl. I was thinking of just starting with a hand held for ease of use, but that long driveway may be changing my mind.

(searched blowers here, but could use more info on time)

Thanks, Mike

:blob3:

2. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, Save buying two pieces of equipment and buy the back pack. If you buy the hand held like I did after an eternity trying to blow off a large job you will be right back to the equipment store.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

definately spring for the backpack blower. it will always be way more productive than a handheld could ever be.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ah ya.................I remember my first blo.................er

BLOWER

BLOWER

BLOWER

Get the packback and don't look pack

Spend the honey........@#$%##@ I mean money now and get the tight rool ---------arggg.........right tool for the job............uh........work that your gonna be sc--------doing.

What a hard post to get through:dizzy:

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Get the most powerful one you can find.I would recomend an echo pb650/750 or redmax 7001.:)

6. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with all the replies, get the backpack blower. I only have a hand held blower and wish I would of gotten the backpack. Money was my main factor at the time, If you can afford the Better then I suggest back pack. I do have lawns with little to no blowing, so I would probably still use my hand held at times... Hope this Helps !!

Lou :cool:

7. double e

double e LawnSite Member

We've had 3 Stihl BR400's over the past 2-3 years- I thought they were the greatest- and were
    Last year got an Echo 603- Its BAD-

They are both same for blowing grass off drives- but the 603 kisks butt on leaf removal- They now have an Echo 650-750- have to check them out

When we cut- each crew has a backpack and a hand held blower

If your only going to buy one- I suggest a Backpack blower- Much more versitile on jobs

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Echo backpack 650 - my handheld lays on the bench gathering dust.. Save some $$ and use the back pack for cleanup's, fast and efficient.
    BobR

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

PB 650 You Will Kick Yourself For Not doing It!!!!!

10. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

You will get more use from a backpack blower. I find i use it almost year round from blowing sand in the wind, to leaves in the spring and fall, to grass clippings after mowing. I recommend stihl. All my handheld equipment is stihl and i have never had a problem.