First Clean Up with a BR 600

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by FinalCut05, Sep 22, 2006.

1. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I know its early in the season for leaves to fall but one lawn, when I went to mow it today, was completly covered. This happened to me last year and I just ran them over but I really wanted to try out my BR 600 in these conditions. After doing a 1/2 acre clean up with one BR 600 in 20 minutes, I wonder why people buy $1500 walk behind blowers? It was great, sooo much power at my finger tips. Blowing 3 foot high piles of leaves 15 feet at half throttle. After doing one, I can't wait for the rest of my accounts to need it. Any one else get to try their BR yet??? Thanks for listening to me rant, my wife couldn't care less at this point.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My Little Wonder 8 hp wb blowers cost 1/2 that price...report back to us when the leaves are a foot thick and have been rained on for a few days. Then you will wish you had bought a Redmax 8000 instead. :hammerhead:

3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodfather, that's not nice. But I was thinking the same thing.

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I was going to buy one of those Rod but I bought my 600 and if I see the need I'm going to buy a WB I may try out a Little Wonder but then again I may just lay down the cash for a BG Force. I'd rather walk than have a ton of weight strapped to my back. BTW, Nice review in Turf on the IS2000Z and who is that guy on the mower in the pictures? That can't be you (no offense) because he's a lot younger than I picture you.

Rob

5. rodfather

One of my maintenance foremen Rob. You're right, he's 28, I'm 51. Thanks for the compliment on the review. I'm still waiting to get my issue from Turf, everyone else has gotten their copy but me.:cry: Not sure what pics they used, I took a total of about 40 and sent them the 8 or 10 I liked best.

I ran a 9 hp Force the other day at my dealer's place. Man, that thing has got some umph to it for sure.

6. rodfather

I just call them like I see them Henry. I tried the 600 and didn't think it matched our 8000's.

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

rod, whats do 8000's run?

8. rodfather

Have seen them as low as $475 randy on the internet...paid like $515 for mine at my dealer's place. Funny thing is, he sells both and recommended the 8000 over the 600. Go figure.

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Rod, The pics in the mag came out great & damn you mow some huge places lol. Pages C6 & 7 cover your test. The first 3 pictures look like they cover 3 totally different property's. #1 has a retaining wall, #2 your guy is mowing along a driveway and I can also see a large pine tree, #3 Has your guy mowing along a flower garden (I guess that's what it is). The fourth pic is your guy sitting on the mower with what looks to be a field where horses are kept in the back ground.

Rob

10. rodfather

Most of them are Rob...now ya know why our smallest mower is a 52" WB. :laugh: From my recollection, the first pic is a place that is 11 acres, second is 7, third is 3.5, and the fourth 12 acres.

Thanks for the update. :)