1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

first commercial account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crownls, Apr 22, 2005.

1. crownls

crownls LawnSite Member

Hey all, got my first commercial bid i'm going to submit. Its a chevy dealership and here is what they are looking for. LMK what you would bid for a job like this and if i'm in the ballpark. Thanks in advance for your help.

Remove & Dispose (8) 2' h x 5' w evergreens
    Remove & Dispose (12) 2' h x 2 w shrubs Disposal + labor 448.00

Deliver & install 2 cy mulch Mulch 78.00 (retail) + labor 35.00

Cleanup: trim & manicure shrubs, rake & cleanup litter, weeds, branches, Disposal (about 1/2 acre) Labor + disposal 236.00

Fertilize: Fert 30.00 labor 35.00

Weekly maintenance: 40.00 (1/2 acre)

Total: 862.00 + 40.00 weekly maintenance

Dealership also needs 3 refridgerator & 3 tire sized boulders dug up and removed off site. I would have to sub this out. What would you charge for this job. Thanks for any advice

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful on the refrigerators! My local dump charges $75 PER ITEM to take anything that has FREON in it!

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think he meant refrigerator sized boulders.
  4. crownls

crownls LawnSite Member

correct 3 (fridge) sized boulders & 3 tire sized boulders. sorry for any confusion
  5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I think the weekly visit is a little low for 1/2 acre of commercial property. You will have to be extra careful not to cover any new vehicles with clippings.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Right now I do 3 car dealerships.

All three are about 1/2 acre of actual turf, I get $400 / month, with the fertilizing / weed control included, 4 applications / year.

1 pre-emergent, 2 broadleaf applications with fertilizer, and one fall fertilizer application.

The ones I do, have a company come in and pressure wash off the cars, no soap, just spray the cars off on Thursday afternoon. I try to schedule these accounts on Thursday morning, so if there IS any drift of grass clippings, especially if it's dewy out, then the cars will usually be washed off in the afternoon anyways.

If I can't get there on Thursday morning, I try to wait until Friday afternoon, when the grass is good and dry, usually don't have anything sticking then.

If you're at all careful, it isn't a big deal anyways.

IMO, you're a little low on the maintenance / week, since there's $1-2 million worth of inventory there to damage, if you understand what I'm saying.