First Commercial WB

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DaveRave07, Jul 12, 2005.

1. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

I plan on saving up money to buy a commercial WB and turn my part time business into a more full time business for next season. My question is this, I plan on the majority of my accounts to be residential properties as small as just under 1/2 acre and as big as 1.5 acres. My targeted areas are not gated properties so that will not be a factor. My question is should I look for a WB in the 48" 52" range or the 36" range. I will be shopping for used and the amount of money I will be spending is not unlimited. So for the types of properties I mentioned will 36" be efficient enough or should I go for a bigger mower that may not be as high of quality. All imput is appreciated.

Keep in mind I already own a push mower that I would likely use for access to problem areas.
  2. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

sorry wrong forum ignore this post, I reposted this in Commercial Lawn Care.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think this is the wrong forum myself...

I like the 48" because it fits through SOME single gate fences... The 44" likely will fit through more but nothing below 36" will fit through a 3-foot gate and I am sorry, but 44" is the smallest I would buy.
    The main reason is cut path: Every inch you give up in deck width is that many more passes you make to cut the yard.
    There isn't much difference between a 52" and a 48" other than the 52" will NOT fit through any single gates (except a really wide one) but the smaller you get, the more pronounced the difference.