First Contract

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by McGaw, Mar 25, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I went over to an older lady's house today to drop off a proposal. I've done snow removal for her for 2 years now, and she has always been very pleasant and always paid me on time if not earlier. Never had a problem. Her son always came over and thanked me. I had asked her and her son if they wanted me to cut their grass in the summer, and she said "well I have a man already." Her son was there when this happened and came over to me after and had said he would seriously consider me because this guy doesn't show up on time, doesn't show up at all, overcharges, and doesn't do a very good job overall. So I went and dropped off a proposal, rang the door bell, waited. Rang it again, waited. Knocked on the door, she finally comes, opens it up, looks at me and yells "WHAT?!" "Well mam I was just dropping off a proposal for your lawn. Was I interupting something?" "I was taking a ****!" "O, I'm terribly sorry, I will just leave this with you then. Please give me a call after you've had a chance to review it." "Ok." When I hand her the papers her hands are covered in... You guessed it. Poop. O well, I guess this happens. Anyone have any other story's they care to share?

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

no buddy i don't have anything that can conpare to that.lol

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow, i dont have anything else to say to that one.

4. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I'm kinda wondering if she's starting to lose it.

5. ***CLC***

***CLC*** LawnSite Member

You really need to go back over, but this time take her a proposal for POWER WASHING...lol :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

lol. I've got it all ready to go in the garage. Just wait till it warms up. Tell her it's a complimentary service. Washing her.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

:dizzy::dizzy:Ummm, no, I don't think I can even top that one and I have had some real winners! Thanks for sharing that with us, that was a little more info than I needed:laugh:

8. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

On my way home and I saw the son out so I was talking to him. Turns out she passed away earlier this morning. I wonder if she knew, that's why she was cranky. Still doesn't explain not washing her hands though...

9. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

So if you saw the son on the way out...and the lady died in the morning, the most amazing thing is that a dead woman with poo on her hands answered the door. You never would have gotten paid. :confused:

10. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

What? I went dropped off the contract yesterday. She died today.