1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First Cut And !st time with Everride W. B.!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kennygee, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

Today was the first time I Have ever used a Larger than 21" wb mower. I purchased an Everride 32" WASp belt drive in the crate and man what a difference!! I now know,well not really what You Pros have to manuver around trees, cars,mailboxes,etc.!! I found Out if I used just 1st gear, and engaged the blades BEFORE putting in gear and releasing the thumb levers it makes life a lot easier and safer!! I guess I Will get better with time. I was quite pleased with the quality of cut once I got the Deck adjusted, What a pita that is!! One side of rear was in different mounting holes than other. I set it for a3 3/4 blade height. I am going to try and post some pics of yard and mowers. Thanks for all the input on the purchase. Remember Keep The Shiny Side UP!!:usflag:

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Cool stuff. I have the same push mower. I really love it.
  3. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

The John Deere is 14 plus years old plus, bought from a neighbor but have to put new tires ever couple of years and just this year found them for less tha 20$ each. the last ones I ran down to the yellow plastic!! Yes they are great mowers ,Just wish it will last anothe 10-12 years!! :usflag:
  4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

man! what kind of grass is that! looks awesome!
  5. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

looks like bermuda
  6. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. They have nice looking grass down there.
  7. Kennygee

Kennygee LawnSite Member

THANKS Yes it is Bermuda and it looks this good in large part to Lawn Lab. My water bill last year was running as much as 80-90 a month and we were under water restrictions, only could water 2 times a week with a sprinkler system and as many as You wanted hand held during certain hours. And billslawn There is some teally beautiful lawns in Fla. also .I grew up in Boca.
  8. Tony_RHServices

Tony_RHServices LawnSite Member

how do you like the wasp, im thinking of picking one up and I wanted to
    how you felt about the machine it self. Ive seen allot of info regarding the
    warrior machine but I wanted your opion on the wb. Im thinking about the
  9. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking 14SB! Those were tough little mowers that can hold up to commercial punishment.
  10. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes they are!!!

Same with mine. Just change the oil and your set to go, right? Can't have it any better than that. Mine only has a 4.5 horse engine, but I think it's plenty.