1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

First cut for us 2004

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Apr 3, 2004.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Happens to be at our house. We are going to start cutting this monday, if the weather allows.
    It's greening up real nice around here.

2. Me too, just cut my first lawn today. It took all day with all the trash from Airborne Express (they're upwind from my customer). It must have been a pickup truck load of trash from the whole winter.
    It was nice to be back mowing, the sun shone all day.
  3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also planning on Monday. I hope the weather dosent screw things up. Did you know it was supposed to snow here Sunday Jodi?
  4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've been mowing for a week and a half now.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks nice Jodi.. I love that retaining wall. I will be cutting my lawn tomorrow (unless it's snowing) and start cutting the clients on Monday. Some are not quite ready though. Supposed to be chilly for the next couple of days. I'm so ready for those warm, sunny days!
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Lawndog: Yep heard it might snow.. Hoping that it misses us.

Tom: Yeah the versa-loc retaining wall Matt did it himself. It's on three sides of our property. He also installed the fence and patio himself too. We're ready for the warm weather to get here too and stay!
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We are hoping to start next Wednesday, and maybe cut my own tomorrow if we don't get 3" of snow they are calling for....
  8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

That grass almost looks fake, lol. That's some lawn real nice. If i showed you mine yall would not think i do lawn care.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nice lawn Jodi...I am jealous
  10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Been cutting weekly for a month and a half now. We have had some amazing wether since the end of february. Can't belive it. Usually don't start till mid march.
    Nice greens there Jodi.
    Jealous of the pool, it hit 79 here today and I about died doing nothing. Oh well time to aclimate.