First cut of the season!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigpappaab, Apr 20, 2011.

1. bigpappaab

bigpappaab LawnSite Member

This is my first season getting into the lawn business, after researching all winter long. I have a website, and I have been passing out flyers and door hangers. It has been a slow start, and the weather has been terrible, but I finally picked up a few accounts and went out today for the first time. It felt good driving to my jobs and working on my own damn time, instead of working for some other jerk. It makes me realize that I made a good decision, and that this is what I really want to do. Being your own boss is the best job ever. Now I just need a few more accounts, so I can tell my actual boss from my retail job to shove it!
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Convince your boss he needs a better lawn care expert instead of: "Shoving it"... :)

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Website is decent. you need to take some of your own pics and use them on there not pics you found online that good to you.
  4. bigpappaab

bigpappaab LawnSite Member

I plan on it, as soon as I have the opportunity to take some real nice pics. Today wasnt a good day for pics. It was overcast and on and off rain.
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

lmao you cut some fancy yards dude
  6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, don't use the fake picture's.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i also noticed the website doesn't center its self on the screen and is only in the upper left hand side of the screen, looks kinda goofy like that.
  8. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

They're all right. Don't post pics unless you can provide that service.

I also wouldn't post a pic of a guy with an electric Husky mower...
  9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Feels good to get out on that first one of the spring:)

Check back with us in August, see if you have changed your tune any:)

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

Don't mind the Debby Downers. Get at it, have fun, put what ever pictures you want on YOUR site, and save some money for a rainy day, because there will be some. Just have fun and take care of your customers and everything will be alright. Also I wish someone told me this when I first started. PEOPLE WITH TRASHY YARDS USUALLY DO NOT PAY VERY WELL, OR ON TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! just stay away!