First cut with 48" Toro Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walkbehind48, May 29, 2001.

1. walkbehind48

walkbehind48 LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner who has 2+ acres to mow of mostly flat lawn. I purchased a 1994 Toro Proline 48" walk behind mower (14HP Kohler with Recycler deck & spare belts and blade) with included sulky for $1000 this past weekend. I just finished mowing my lawn for the first time and the results are amazing. I know this is not the "top of the line" walk behind available but comparared to the 21" Murray 5hp that I had been using it is a huge improvement in all aspects. The cut is incredible and I now take less than half the time and 25% of the effort to do the lawn as before. Mower starts first pull and hauls my 200# around with ease. Just wanted to thank all of you for your informative postings...I am glad I resisted everyone who questioned my choice of commercial walk behind over traditional lawn tractor. My mower was used commercially but appears to have been serviced regularly and runs great - $1000 seemed more than fair for the results that this mower provides.

Josh

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Apparently. Congrats on your find.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Toro makes a fine mower. Happy mowing Josh.

4. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite. I wish you good luck with that toro. Toro is a good name.:alien:

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I can run circles around those lawn tractors with a puny 21", I am glad you bought the walkbehind.

6. Is this deck the full floating recycler?

7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Toro makes good stuff. Go to the dealer and get a coouple sets of blades. Get him to show you where and how often to grease spindles and bearings etc. Guess it's time to look for a pro weed whacker huh ! Probably shouldn't use that sulky ....I'll take it off your hands for tweenty bucks........

8. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro rider. You made a smart choice, glad to here you having good luck with it.

9. walkbehind48

walkbehind48 LawnSite Member

Lawrence:

Yes, it is a floating deck with the Recycler kit installed. Can't wait for the the grass to grow so I can use it again!

Josh

10. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Hey, why don't you buy a velkie ride-on attatchment
    then it won't even feel like work!